The grant process is uber-simple. And it follows the same formula every month. You know, because keeping it simple is awesome. Take a read to get the full scoop:
- Grant applications are due by 11:59 pm on the 15th of the month when they will be awarded. In other words, if you want to be considered for February’s grant, you must submit your idea by the 15th of February. Submit on the 16th and you’ll be considered for the next month’s grant.
- Click the Pitch Your Idea link at the top of this page to, well, submit your idea.
- Once all applications for the month have been received, the Trustees choose their top four ideas. Only those ideas will be considered for the $1,000 grant that month.
- The “owners” of top four ideas will be invited to make a pitch to the Trustees on the last Thursday of the month. You have to be able to make the pitch in order to be considered. You can appoint someone else to pitch for you, but someone MUST participate in the live pitch.
- Those who weren’t selected as part of the top four will be notified and invited to re-submit their ideas in future.
- An idea can be submitted up to five times before they will no longer be considered.
- The live grant event will take place the last Thursday of every month at 7 pm. The location of the event will be announced on the home page of this site.
- The top four will each get four minutes (not a second more!) to pitch their ideas to the Trustees and a live audience. The Trustees then get four minutes to ask questions, followed by four minutes of questions from the audience. See the Events page for more detailed information and the live pitch rules.
- Once the pitches are complete, the Trustees will meet to make their decision.
- One winner will walk away with $1,000 cash. Hard cold money. On the spot. Groovy, right?